About the Position
Are you an experienced Chef wanting a better work life balance with no more late nights and split shifts?
We are currently recruiting for a Head Chef to join our catering team at our beautiful, luxury care home Cedar Mews in Leicester.
We would love to hear from caring and compassionate chefs who are not only passionate about cooking delicious, home-cooked, seasonal meals, but also developing a team who will be passionate about delivering an exceptional food and dining experience for our residents.
As a Head Chef, you will work with your team to prepare, deliver and serve delicious home-cooked food that tastes, smells and is presented beautifully. You will also ensure the kitchen service and staff run efficiently and the environment is kept to the highest cleanliness standards, working with the whole team to ensure the food and dining experience is second to none. You will also oversee the Bar & Bistro side of the Home, ensuring stock is replenished, and that our residents’ experience is of the highest quality.
You will have a full understanding of food hygiene, health and safety, and all legal and statutory requirements relevant to the role.
As a Head Chef, you will strongly identify with our three core values of Trust, Initiative and Responsibility, and in return you will be part of an amazing team who make Cedar Mews the best place to live and work. Your role is integral to empowering people to live well today and thrive tomorrow.
What we offer:
- 40 hour contract – 10 hour shifts across 4 days
- This is an hourly paid role – £16.78 per hour (salary equivalent of £35,000+ with an increase depending on experience)
- Fantastic rates of pay
- Paid breaks
- Free meals on shift
- Cash incentives for referring friends and family
- Length of Service Monetary Rewards
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Free uniform and DBS
- Access to hundreds of lifestyle benefits and discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme, Digital GP service & Medical Cash Plan
- Excellent learning, development and training opportunities
- Luxury working environment
- Previous experience as a chef in an environment offering high-quality, home-made and seasonal meals
- Previous experience leading a team team of like-minded, passionate food enthusiasts
- Budget and menu creation experience
- Strong knowledge of nutrition and experience of catering for individuals with different dietary requirements
- Ideally qualified to an NVQ/Diploma Level 2 in a catering and completion of L3 Food Hygiene Certificate
- You must strongly identify with our three core values of Trust, Initiative and Responsibility
- You must have very good communication skills, and be a great team player
- Must have the right to work in the UK
Due to the nature of the role, this position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Cedar Mews in Birstall Leicestershire, is a luxurious care home where we offer residents the chance to experience luxury living and exceptional care. We provide residential, dementia, and respite care in a stimulating, beautiful environment.