About the Position
Are you a chef who no longer wants to have to work split shifts, every evening and every weekend? Then working as a Chef in our home may appeal to you!
An opportunity has arisen for a Junior Chef to join our amazing team at our beautiful, all-inclusive luxury care home Cumnor Hill House in Oxford.
We would love to hear from caring and compassionate Chefs who are passionate about cooking delicious, home-cooked, seasonal meals and delivering an exceptional food and dining experience for our residents. The successful applicant must have pastry experience.
As a Junior Chef, you will work with our Second and Head Chefs to prepare, deliver and serve delicious home-cooked food that tastes, smells and is presented beautifully. You will also ensure the kitchen service runs efficiently and the environment is kept to the highest cleanliness standards, working with the whole team to ensure the food and dining experience is second to none.
Our Benefits include:
- Fantastic rates of pay
- Pay enhancement for Bank Holidays
- Paid breaks
- Free meals on shift
- Young workers are paid the same as those agreed 25+
- Cash incentives for referring friends and family
- Length of Service Monetary Rewards
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Free uniform and DBS
- Access to hundreds of lifestyle benefits and discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme, Digital GP service & Medical Cash Plan
- Excellent learning, development and training opportunities
- Luxury working environment
- You must have pastry experience
- Previous experience as a chef in an environment offering high-quality, home-made and seasonal meals
- Strong knowledge of nutrition and experience of catering for individuals with different dietary requirements
- Ideally qualified to an NVQ/Diploma Level 2 in a catering and completion of L3 Food Hygiene Certificate
- You must have very good communication skills, and be a great team player
Cumnor Hill House is a purpose-built care home in Cumnor with spacious care facilities in a luxury environment with stunning gardens. We offer residents the chance to experience luxury living and exceptional care. We provide residential, nursing, dementia, respite and day-care in a stimulating, beautiful environment just outside the City of Oxford.